It Happened on Medium
1. Senator Tim Kaine shares a story on Labor Day about his experience growing up and working in his father’s ironworking shop in Kansas City. He also details a plan to address the mental health crisis.
2. Senator Pat Toomey and former Secretary of Homeland Security Tom Ridge make the case for maintaining U.S. sanctions against Iran and put a fine point on their grievances with the Iran Deal.
3. President Barack Obama joins Chinese President Xi Jinping in Hangzhou to sign the Paris Agreement, citing it as “the most ambitious climate change agreement in history,” while Ambassador Susan Rice explains the “how” and “why” behind the President’s “rebalance” strategy with countries in the Asia Pacific.
4. Congressman Tom Emmer declares, “It’s time to stop simply wishing we could go back in time and stop Obamacare,” and identifies areas of the healthcare law he would like to change.
7.Hillary Clinton shares her perspective on the power of religious faith while in public service and the example her father demonstrated through daily prayer.
8.Rep. Chris Stewart writes, “[W]e have to end the faulty premise that public land management is a zero-sum game — that we can either have a natural resources economy or a tourism economy, but not both.”
9. Rep. Doug Lamborn makes the case that anti-Semitism still exists through the Boycott, Divest and Sanctions Movement.
10.Vice President Biden looks back at 22 years of the Violence Against Women Act and identifies a plan to move forward.