It Happened on Medium
1. In celebration of the 100th birthday of the National Parks Service, The White House photographer Pete Souza shares a photo essay of the President’s memorable visits to national parks.
3. In a four-part series, the U.S. Dept. of Education shares the story of 17-year-old Justin Mesteth, who recently started his first week at Wesleyan University in Connecticut, and the adults who helped raised him on Pine Ridge Reservation.
4. Rep. Gus Bilirakis calls for a “simpler, fairer and flatter” tax code that will help “small business owners, families, and individuals to do taxes and have peace of mind.”
6. As kids go back to school, Senator Kelly Ayotte outlines her commitment to improving educational opportunities for New Hampshire families.
8. Senator Ron Wyden and Senator Patty Murray argue Congressional Republicans attack women’s health care every day.
10. Senator Heidi Heitkamp recaps her statewide tour around North Dakota to learn how her 2014 Farm Bill has affected farmers and find out what she can do to improve the next version of the bill in 2018.